Monday, August 4, 2008

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to school they go!



Yep, it's that time of year again; school started back in Baldwin County today. And my two boys were among the back-to-school crowd!

Matthew entered 6th grade: Middle School! He was excited, but the look of excitement on his face was mixed with a bit of fear as well. He didn't start off so great; we forgot to pack his schedule, so he went to school without a clue as to anything other than where he was supposed to be during first period. Then he got a bad headache around lunchtime, which turned into an evil migraine. And to top it all off, guess who missed the bus going home? Yep. When I finally mananged to get him, he was tired and frustrated, along with feeling sick from the migraine. He started throwing up within just a few minutes. Poor guy. Luckily though, after a quick nap and a shower, he felt much better, and started telling me about his day, and the old and new friends he'd met up with.

Jonathan also had a school experience today; he started Pre-K! I'm so excited for him; he loves his teacher, and loves riding the big yellow bus even more. He says he made some friends today, but couldn't tell me many names. Oh well, it will come. I'm glad he enjoyed his first day; I was really concerned that he might have one of his meltdowns before we could even get him there, but he did great.

And of course, what kind of post would this be without some back to school pictures? (Although I do have to say that Matthew refused to let me take any of him if other people could see!)







A picture with Daddy while waiting for the bus:


Waiting at the bus stop:


Being a big boy and getting on the bus:


Getting off the bus at school (he realized Mommy was there!):


Jonathan starting off in his new class:

3 comments:

Marla said...

Oh both your boys are so cute! I love the pictures and I can't believe that school is back in!!

Heather said...

I love the picture of the boys and dad walking away. How sweet!

Jeanne said...

Oh Stacy, that made me tear up!! What cuties!

"Distance is not for the fearful, but for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough."