This weekend, Austin and myself, along with Annah and Jacob, made a fast and furious trip to Milledgeville. We've rented our house there, and had some things that needed to be gotten out so that our renters could use the room that our stuff was occupying. Honestly, I wish most of it could have just been thrown out, but realistically, that wasn't do-able. I definitely plan to toss some of it as it's unpacked though! We've got WAAAAAAY too much stuff.
Being in Milledgeville made me a bit sad. There were several people that I really wanted to see, but it wasn't possible, for a variety of reasons that I won't get into. Time was short as well, and we really needed to get it all packed up and get ourselves on the road back home. Luckily our renters helped us load the truck. As we drove our of Milledgeville, I realized that it was the last time we'd be leaving as residents. I mean, we started moving seven months ago, but we still had things left at the house, and every time we came back, it was always that we were coming back to our house with our stuff in it. That's not the case anymore. I can't even say it's our house anymore. Sure, we own it, but it's not our home - it's someone else's.
There have been a lot of good memories there. But there's been a lot of pain too. And now that chapter in our life is done, and the only thing left to do is move forward. I'm excited, and at the same time, I'm a little sad. But I know that Camden is where we're supposed to be. And I'm happy with that decision.
1 comment:
I'm happy with it too :) bc we love yall!!
Post a Comment