Did I write earlier about our washer being stupid? It overflowed on me, not once, but THREE friggin times! The last time it also started making a horribly sick, high pitched noise, and at that point I decided I wouldn't turn it back on "just to see" if it would happen again. (Which, incidentally, is why the washer has overflowed THREE FRIGGIN TIMES, instead of just once!) Ok, on with the story.
So we went three weeks without a washing maching. I did laundry at various people's homes; my babysitter, my mom....I think that's all. No, my neighbor's house too. Anyway, three weeks people. Do you have any clue how hard it is to take five people's laundry to different places to wash it, when bring it home wet to dry in our dryer? Not fun. I even resorted to doing some handwashing of the smaller items. (Please tell me how pioneer women did this without loosing their minds or killing themselves, because let me tell you, it was NOT an enjoyable experience!) So three weeks and a couple of days after our washer finally bit the big one, I went to Lowes and bought me a brand new washing machine. Of course, the reason we waited three weeks was because we were waiting on our income tax return to be able to finance the little expenditure.
Anyway, I managed to convince the Lowes folks to deliver it the same day, instead of the normal "next day delivery" thing they do. So yesterday afternoon, I became the proud owner of a Whirlpool 4 speed, super capacity washer. I did like 5 loads of clothes to celebrate! In fact, I did so much laundry that I lost my drive and didn't manage to put up the last two loads....they're STILL sitting on the table! But back to the story.
We just don't realize how big a part technology plays in our lives until it's gone. So when I got my new washer, I was VERY thankful. But thankful didn't even come close to describing what I was last night at 3 a.m. when Jonathan puked all over his bed. My first thought wasn't even, "Oh crap!" No....not thankful little me. It was, "Well, at least I have a washing machine to wash the sheets!"
4 comments:
Yay! You got your washer! I'm so happy for you - I really do know how you felt. It is amazing how things just stop when our washer breaks.
Congratulations!!! At least Jonathan puked THIS weekend instead of NEXT weekend!!!
YAHOOOOOOOOO - - - I am sooo stink'n happy that you have a new washer! welcome back to current times. lol
YEA!! I'm glad that you got your new washer!
Post a Comment