Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Boy in blue!

Photobucket

It's strange imagining Austin in a blue military uniform, rather than a green one. He's been "Go Army" for as long as I can remember. Maybe not enlisted the whole time, but definately supportive and even anxious to go back. Yesterday, however, he enlisted in the Air Force. Actually the Air National Guard. I'm so proud of him; we've been knocking this around for months (or years, actually) and finally made a decision recently - together. He enters as a Staff Sergeant with a commitment of six years ahead of him, with eight years already under his belt towards retirement. How could we give that up? I guess we're in it for the long haul. And if that makes Austin happy, it makes me happy.

Photobucket

No comments:

"Distance is not for the fearful, but for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough."