Monday, April 28, 2008

Forget Man's Best Friend....


Bella is my kids' best friend! I've snapped some fun pictures lately, and thought I'd blog them. What I find most interesting is that this dog, whom we know nothing of her life with her previous owner, has totally incorporated herself into our lives. She acts like she's been here forever. And my kids act the same way. She's nuzzled her way into Matthew's bed at night, which I find hilarious. It's so funny to walk in and see either Matthew or Bella piled up on top of the other one on the bottom bunk, not a care in the world. And I came home from work the other day to a new decision that Annah has made; "Mommy, Bella my best friend!" So much for ME being her best friend! She hasn't forgotten and changed her mind either!

Even Jonathan, who can be the most contrary child you've ever met, loves Bella. Yesterday afternoon, she was trying, unsuccessfully, to get Jonathan to throw the ball to her. After 3 or 4 times of me telling her to get down off the couch and leave Jonathan alone, Jonathan looked at her and said, "Bellatrix! Stop it!" To which she gave him a quick glance and went about her business. But pretty soon, I noticed that she was cuddled up with him and sleeping contently and soundly with her little master. She's so much fun!

1 comment:

Marla said...

Very cute!! Oh, and I LOVE the new picture at the top! It's perfect!

"Distance is not for the fearful, but for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough."