Friday, September 4, 2009

38 weeks!



Today is the 38 week mark, and I'm officially ready to be done. This is the point where we thought we'd be inducing, but Dr. Brown is being adamant about waiting til next week. That's okay though....my appointment with him is on Tuesday (they're closed for Labor Day...go figure!), and I'm prepared to go in determined to make something happen this week. Dr. Brown mentioned the 10th a few weeks ago, so we're going to push for that date. September 10th is five days away, so that's acceptable to me.


As the time draws nearer, I think more and more of Andrew, who never got to this point. His birth was a fast surprise, completely unprepared, and the contrast of Jacob's upcoming birth is shocking. I wonder if Andrew's spirit is encouraging Jacob...preparing him, getting him ready for our family. I'd like to think so.


Anyway, I'm ready. So bring on the appointment, and the scheduled induction. I'd like to go into labor on my own, but I've pretty much given up on that.....so another induced birth it is....D-day approaches!


No comments:

"Distance is not for the fearful, but for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough."