Friday, September 4, 2009

Mi vida loca!

It has been CRAZY around here, so I'll try to catch up! The last time I wrote, we were fast approaching Annah's surgery to remove her tonsils and adenoids. Before that could happen though, she got even sicker, and had to be put in the hospital. Some kind of infection...definitely NOT flu, as previously thought. We spent four days in the hospital, with all sorts of tests being ran, and still didn't have a clear picture of what was going on, but with a definite fear that Dr. Peppard (the ENT) wouldn't do the surgery because of all the medications Annah had been on.

No fear...Dr. Bowers was here! I love our pediatrician. He called Dr. Peppard and talked to him and stressed how urgent it was that the surgery was done, because Annah was one sick little girl. And Dr. Peppard went ahead with it!

It has NOT been fun. Annah came through the surgery fine, but cried profusely and refused to drink afterwards, so they refused to give her the pain meds that were prescribed for her; Lortab MUST be taken with something and not on an empty stomach. After a while, our wonderful nurse, Patsy, decided to go talk to the anesthesiologist and they gave her a bit of morphine. Wow...have you ever seen a high three-year-old? Oh my. She was funny, but she wasn't crying anymore, which was wonderful. We were able to take her home rather soon after that, and it hasn't been too terribly bad as far as recovery, but she's still not herself. She cries...a lot. For no reason that we can tell. Last night was the first night that she's slept by herself, in her bed, all night long. And that came with a midnight wake-up and crying fit about staying there. But, she stayed.

She went back to school on Tuesday of this week, and it's been hard for her...she'll only be there a few days (in fact today is her last day - Friday), and then she's going to stay home with me when I have Jacob and in the weeks that follow. Maybe I'll let her go visit for a few hours or something once a week...just to keep her aquanted with things...who knows.

Speaking of Jacob, the time is near! I'm 38 weeks, and if he hasn't shown up by next week, we're going to evict him. I'm so excited, and can't wait to hold him in my arms and see him breathing and even crying....yeah, nuts, I know. I need to take one final picture....I'm huge, but I don't care if it means he's healthy....and I believe he is. I just want him in my arms.....and the sooner the better!

Jonathan is doing great in kindergarten; he's reading! Can you imagine? It floored me when he started sound out words the other day....it's been so much fun. Matthew, on the other hand, is struggling at school; he can't seem to keep up with things, or turn assignments in on time. I'm pushing hard to make sure he's on top of stuff, but at some point, I've got to let him fall and pick himself up without my help. It's just hard to do that. He's turned into a teenager with a raging attitude, and I'm not looking forward to the next few years with him....I hope he proves my thinking wrong.

Anyway, that's the quick update...I'll be uploading pictures soon from various stuff....

No comments:

"Distance is not for the fearful, but for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough."