Thursday, December 22, 2011

I don't think. Or I try not to.

Another friend went home from Hope Lodge. He finished his radiation treatments from his inoperable brain tumor. It's not a cure, it just buys him some time. Another reason to hate cancer. He's such a nice guy, and I bet a great dad and husband. He put Jacob's Christmas tricycle together for me. I just can't help but think that in a few months or a year, he'll be gone. And that's just too depressing to think about. So I don't. Just as with me and what could happen, I don't think. I just don't. It's easier and it doesn't hurt as much.

No comments:

"Distance is not for the fearful, but for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough."