Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Another day, another year, another chance

As we jump feet first into 2008, I stop and reflect a moment. Or two. Or 6....years. How my life has changed! I can honestly say that there have been bad days that I've wanted to crawl back into bed and pull the covers over me - I just didn't want to face life, and then there have been worse days that I've just wanted to quit. But today isn't one of those. In fact, today is a pretty good day. It's been a pretty good year, actually. Okay, so I know that we're only 2 weeks into it....but still. It's been good. I've made changes in my life and in my family that I KNOW will make a difference. And that excites me.

I'm blessed, that's for sure. I have a great life; good job, close friends, and a family that loves me, and whom I love more than anything. What else can I ask for, besides strength? Not much....boy I'm lucky!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I'm so excited for you and your family! YAY for blogs!

"Distance is not for the fearful, but for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough."