Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve surprise

 

We had our Christmas lunch at my mom's house today; it was a fun day with only a few emotional ups and downs. The kids loaded up on Christmas gifts, and we enjoyed good company in family and friends. Our big family gift from my mom and dad was a Wii; while everyone was excited, Jonathan was completely beside himself with happiness. After an afternoon of fun, we loaded up the van with toys and kids, and headed out.

We made a planned stop at the cemetery to have a little Christmas visit with Andrew, and wound up with a surprise; Andrew's marker had been put in. It brought a fresh wave of tears and sorrow to see my baby boy's name etched in that stone, but it brought about joy as well. I'm glad that Andrew's little spot is properly marked now. It gives him the recognition that he deserves, and that I need for him.

I have Andrew a Christmas gift. Is that madness? Probably, but I guess I'm not exactly the picture of sanity lately. Anyway, it's an angel holding a baby. It's called "A Mother's Love." It's supposed to symbolize the never-ending love that a mother has for her child. I plan to put it on his grave, and now that his marker is in, I think it will look nice sitting there. I wish that I'd taken it with me today, but I had no clue that the marker was even ready, much less in. So, I won't be dwell on it too much, although I did some pretty hard kicking of myself earlier for not taking it along anyway.

So...Merry Christmas my baby boy. Godspeed little man.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Heather said...

What a perfect Christmas gift! I'm so happy Andrew's place is marked now. I know that has to bring you some peace of mind.

Jeanne said...

Isn't it bittersweet to see that little spot marked...

Stacy, that angel sounds perfect.

I've been missing you...I hope that things are going alright for you.

Love you!!!

camille said...

Jeanne said it best, it is a bitter sweet thing.

Andrew is one lucky little boy, for he has a mother that loves him and that will never change.

Kate said...

Oh it looks really nice Stacy.

Marla said...

Oh the marker looks wonderful. Hugs. I wish I could do something for you.

"Distance is not for the fearful, but for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough."