Today was my 16 week appointment, and I went in feeling less anxiety than I've felt in a long time. I'm not exactly sure why....I'm quickly approaching the point where I delivered Andrew, so if anything, I'd think that I'd be MORE anxious. But I'm not. Maybe it's because I really feel like things are going to be okay with this little guy (or girl). At any rate, my appointment was a good one; I saw the nurse practitioner (who is wonderful!) and we heard the baby's heartbeat loud and clear - heartrate is in the high 130's to low 140's. I had a nice little laugh when the NP touched the Doppler to my belly...we immediately heard the heartbeat, then I felt a very quick jump of little butter bean from one side of my belly to the other. We could hear it on the Doppler too, as baby made a run for it to hide from the machine. (Enjoy it while you can little one....you'll run out of room to make those quick movements soon!)
Afterwards, we discussed dates for my second trimester ultrasound, and decided to wait another two weeks after my next appointment. It's a disappointment, but I really am okay with it, because those extra two weeks will give the baby a chance to get a little bigger and will make it easier to take the measurements we need. So, May 5 is the big day, and I'm so excited I can't stand it!
Oh, I also found out that I'm a day ahead of where I thought I was. I thought my "turn around" day was Friday, but it's actually Thursday. (A "turn around day" is the day of the week that you transition from one week to the next week pregnant - like this Wednesday, I will be 16 weeks 6 days pregnant, and Thursday I will be 17 weeks pregnant.) This isn't a huge deal, but I gained a day that I didn't realize, so it was nice.
I also asked the NP her opinion on 3D ultrasounds. She said that while they weren't completely medically necessary, she thought that they could bring a lot of peace of mind, especially in situations like ours, and that she would say to go for it. The best time to do them is after 26 to 28 weeks, so it's not time yet, but it's something to think about. They actually do them in my doctor's office once a week now, so I'm leaning towards it, just to get another look at this little one a bit later down the road.
Anyway, there's my update for the day.
1 comment:
I am so sorry for your loss.I saw you on a different blog and thought I would check up on your life.
It is super hard after a loss when you get pregnant again to not have many worries.My thoughts are with you through the rest of your pregnancy.
Post a Comment