Yep, I've been a slacker lately. Every time I think about getting online to post, I think of how far behind I am, and it makes me put it off a bit longer. But honest...I have an excuse!
It's been a busy month. Jacob has had a really hard time adjusting to life; nursing has not come easy to my boy (and myself this time around). We've struggled with him gaining his birthweight back (he lost a good bit after delivery), but we're finally a few ounces above it now. I think our pediatrician was close to wanting to put him on some formula to supplement his diet, but I stuck it out with breastfeeding, and the results are definately good....we're making it work!
Everyone else is adjusting too. Annah is completely taken with her baby brother, and is such a wonderful helper. She's staying home with me while I'm on maternity leave, so she's around to help out with whatever little things I need (that she can do anyway). She loves to give Baby Jacob his pacifier (which we refer to as his Nuk), and pat him when he cries, just as she's seen me do. It's so wonderful to watch her with him.
Jonathan, on the other hand, really doesn't care a lot. Well, that's not really true...he cares. It just doesn't affect him. He goes about his business like nothing's changed, which is good. He does have his moments though, when he's all about holding Baby Jacob and looking at him lovingly. But if you know Jonathan very well at all, you'll have no trouble realizing those moments don't come super often...but they're great when they do happen!
Matthew loves him like crazy; he wants to hold him all the time, and actually does a pretty good job of it. It's nice to have another set of arms that can actually do the big stuff....like holding him during his screaming fits, while I cook dinner, or help Jonathan or Annah with whatever they need at the moment. I can trust Matthew to pick him up or stand in the kitchen, holding him while I cook or load/unload the dishwasher. He's even asked to change his diaper a few times, but I'm not sure he's ready for that little bit of fun!
We're slowly getting into a routine, and that's nice. Jacob usually gets up about twice every night, so I'm only losing out on about an hour to an hour-and-a-half every night - which is totally do-able. Not sure how I'll do when I have to return to work in November, but right now I'm just enjoying every moment.
Tomorrow my baby will be one months old, and tomorrow he is being receiving his Blessing at church. For those of you that aren't members of our church, a baby blessing is simply a type of prayer said for the baby...normally their first, and it also officially gives the baby a name for the records of our church. It is a very special occasion, much like a Christening in some faiths, and I am so excited for it to happen, for a variety of reasons. I took him to have pictures made in his Blessing outfit on Friday, so I should have those pictures online in a week or so. Can't wait to see them myself!
Anyway, Mi Vida Loca.....my crazy life, but oh, ain't it grand?

More to come...stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment