Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hi ho, hi ho, it's back to work I go

It's been a hard week. I've been back at work for a few days now, and it gets a little easier every day, but it's still hard. Everytime I leave Jacob at daycare, I cry a bit. Everytime I go to nurse him or pick him up, the little break in my heart heals some. I've been going at lunchtime every day to feed him, and that helps.

We're lucky though. We've got some really nice ladies taking care of my baby boy, and I'm so grateful for that. Julie and Cleuza and wonderful, and they make me feel like Jacob is the reason they come to work every day. I know it's not true, but it's how they come across. It helps knowing that my boy is loved.

The kids at the schools have made me feel good about being back; they've missed me, and it's a great feeling knowing that I make a difference.

So...life moves on. But it doesn't mean I have to like it!

No comments:

"Distance is not for the fearful, but for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough."