Today is my last offical day of maternity leave. I'm sad...I can't imagine going back to work on Monday and leaving my baby boy with complete strangers. It's scary to me...who's going to protect him from all the things that could happen in life if I'm not there? But I know I have to...the rest of my family needs me to work so that we can survive...it's inevidable, and I've already been out of work eleven weeks.
Yesterday, MaLew came up to watch the kids while I cleaned house. I want things nice when I go back to work so that I'm not overwhelmed with things to do when I get home. So I worked hard all day, and she held my Jacob. Today though, I'm not working...at least not when Jacob is awake. I'll do it when he sleeps; when he's awake, I'm going to be giving him all of my attention. And when he sleeps, I'll try to get things done.
My mom had a little plaque when I was growing up...the inscription on it said,
"Cleaning and scrubbing can wait til tomorrow,
for babies grow up - I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep."
It's so true...and today, I'm going to take full advantage, because Baby Jacob won't be a baby for long...and I want to enjoy every second I can.
1 comment:
AWWWWWWWWWW Congrats on baby Jacob!!! Love that name!! And I LOVE that quote from your momma!! Hope all is well!
Post a Comment