Dear Jacob,
I love holding you; I love the way your little head fits snugly between my chin and my shoulder when I cuddle you close. I love the way your little baby breath smells...it's sweet and just smells like you. I love how your fingers wrap around mind when I hold your hand. I love nursing you; I love the way you can go from completely furious to completely content in less than a second when we start nursing. I love seeing your face relax and so content, know that I've been able to satisfy your needs completely. I love seeing the milk trickle out of your mouth and run down your cheek as you let go and drift off to sleep. I love how you smell after a bath, the combination of baby shampoo and lotion and just you.
I love how you're so funny about taking a NUK (pacifier); how you shake your head back and forth, all but telling me aloud how you don't want it, then you open your mouth and take it anyway - but only for a little while. I love having you in the co-sleeper at night, right next to me, where I can reach out my hand and touch you; I sleep that way most nights. I love feeling and hearing you breathe. I love your little coos of happiness, and even the cries when you're fussy. I love watching you kick your legs and reach your arms out towards the play gym that I got for you. I love that when you get tired of laying there, you can always be pacified by me holding you. I love leaning down and smelling your head: you have such a distinct smell....my favorite fragrance. I love watching you sleep; I love how you sometimes smile in your sleep as you dream your own special baby dreams.
I love so many things about you...I can't put them all down in words. But most importantly, I just love YOU, and am so thankful to be your mother.

Love, Mommy
Okay, so I guess it was more than ten things....but who's counting?
1 comment:
I'm not counting. I think that is wonderfully sweet.
Post a Comment