Saturday, July 19, 2008

D.A.R.E. to have fun!

This year's D.A.R.E. Conference was in Dalton, GA, which is about half an hour from Chattanooga, TN. We really had a great trip; Matthew tagged along and really hit it off with some of the other D.A.R.E. officers there. (Matthew says "Hi Mr. Michael and Mr. Clay!" - Deputies Michael Clay and Clay Matthews, from Monroe County Sheriff's Office, whom I owe a huge thanks for entertaining Matthew on several occasions while I had some "me" time!)

The training was great, and I managed to make a new friend as well (Hi Dianne!), along with enjoying some fun experiences. I got to do some shopping all on my own, attend the D.A.R.E. vehicle contest and parade with Matthew, and I also enjoyed some down time and great food on the Southern Belle Riverboat in Chattanooga, TN. I'd say that for a work week, it was about as good as it gets!









1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh I like the hearse, that's a message huh? Funny, two times today in conversation with my kids it's come up that certain actors died from taking illegal drugs. I hope they're getting my message.

"Distance is not for the fearful, but for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough."