Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Faith In God

Matthew has been working on his Faith In God award for church/scouting for quite a while. It normally takes several years to complete. This week, he finished. His final task was to help the Primary Presidency at church to prepare for an upcoming primary activity. His assignment from the Primary President: do posters announcing the upcoming activity.

Matthew loves to draw, but wasn't completely up for doing every bit of the drawing required for this; we really wanted them to look good, since they would be on display at church. So Austin helped him out. Austin did the major drawing, and Matthew did the decorating/coloring. They make a pretty good team when they work at it!

 

 

 

Anyway, he finished his final project, we turned them in this past Sunday, and tonight, Matthew had his interview with both the Primary President and the Bishop. One of the major things that he had to do was to memorize all thirteen Articles of Faith, which is no small task! So, he met with both officials, and got their signatures on his Faith In Goad book. It's done!

As a visual reminder, he will now be allowed to wear the scouting religious knot on his uniform. And I'm not sure who's more excited about that...me or him!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Bobby the O! said...

You must be really proud. Way to go! The Faith in God award aside, I wish I had an artistic bone in my body. I guess I'll just have to write a book or something. Maybe someone will read it.

"Distance is not for the fearful, but for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough."