Saturday, February 14, 2009

Hello baby!

I had my doctor's appointment today; Austin was able to come along for a change. We got to see that beautiful little heartbeat on the ultrasound, and receive further confirmation that everything is fine. For now anyway; I can't forget that life is fragile and everything could change in one heartbeat.

But he (or she!) is there and kicking. And for once, I'm calm. My next appointment is in three weeks, and we should be able to hear the heartbeat on the doppler then. Of course, if we can't, I'm sure I'll have a breakdown, and my wonderful doctor will do an ultrasound. But here's hoping that it won't come to that!

So....9 weeks down, 31 to go!

2 comments:

Marla said...

I'm so glad that everything went well!!

Lacey said...

YAY for heartbeats!!

"Distance is not for the fearful, but for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough."