Last week, I had the wonderful experience of beginning to feel this litte butter bean moving around! At least once a day or so, I feel some gentle nudges or bumps, and it's such a reassuring feeling.
That is, until last night, when I had a sharp, stabbing pain in my stomach. It completely took my breath away for a moment. Then later, I pulled a muscle in my stomach as I reached into the washer to take out a load of heavy, wet clothes. After that I didn't feel anything, and of course, I started to worry.
This morning I had a doctor's appointment, and I was prepared for the worst. But Butter Bean is still there, heart beating away! 154 beats per minute at the time. According to an old wives tale, a heartbeat of below 160 means you're having a boy, but hey...how much faith do we put in old wives tales? So...until our ultrasound, it's still up in the air! Well, not really, since it's definitely a boy or a girl already, but our KNOWING is up in the air!
Speaking of ultrasounds, we get to schedule ours at our next appointment in two weeks. So I figure another month, and we might just know what flavor we'll be getting! Can't wait to give Butter Bean a more appropriate name!
1 comment:
Madelyn proved that wives tale wrong :) she was always 140-154
Post a Comment