Saturday, January 24, 2009

Moments of panic?

Not really outright panic, but concern. I'm pregnant, but not at all sick. No morning sickness, no overwhelming tired-ness, no symptoms at all. Why can't I be happy about that? Perhaps it's because I WANT to be able to feel SOMETHING. To have some reassurance that everything is okay with this little one. I'm ready for it...I need it.

I have a doctor's appointment on the 29th; Dr. Brown has scheduled an ultrasound to get a glimpse inside and make sure that little heart is beating as it should. It's only five days away, but it will be a long five days - five days seems like eternity right now.

Anyway....I'm sure I'll spend the next 7 1/2 months, off and on anyway, stressing out. Right now though, I'm just focused on getting through the next week.

1 comment:

Tara Allen said...

I'm sure everything will be fine but I understand your anxieties. I didn't know that we have the same doctor. Isn't he great?

"Distance is not for the fearful, but for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough."