The 20 week mark usually represents a milestone for most pregnant women; it's the halfway mark. In truth, I'm very excited about it. But at the same time, I can't get past someones comment the other day. She said, "Oh, you're safe now!" What is safe? I don't know....one of my very best friends lost her baby at just over 20 weeks....wasn't she supposed to be safe? I was just under it with Andrew...wasn't I supposed to be safe? Apparently some of us can never feel completely safe when it comes to holding these little ones inside of us.
But, that aside, I'm feeling very good. Tired, achy, fat, but good. Feeling all of Jacob's movement is wonderful; I wish Austin could feel it like I can, but it's still only the occasional hard kick that he can feel through my belly. I can't wait til the kids can feel those kicks.
So, to hang on to the good stuff as much as I can, I've decided to take this in smaller segments of time. I can't see to the end of 20 more weeks.....so instead I'll break it down. 24 weeks is my next goal. Why? That's the viability point, where a baby has a chance of life outside of the mother. Next, 28. Then 32. And so on and so forth. It's easier like that. Doesn't make it seem so long. Plus I have an ultrasound coming up in a little more than a month, then another one only a few weeks later, so I have some dates to look forward to. It's all good.
So, now that I've written yet another rambling post, you can return to your regularly scheduled blogging. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment