I sometimes wonder what people think when they read my writings. Are they bored? Entertained? Worried about my sanity? I'm sure some wonder why I write the things I do. I do it for a variety of reasons; I like to share my life with my family and friends - after all, those are the people that read my stuff anyway. I like showing off pictures of my cute kids. And Heaven knows I like to talk. But mostly, I do it for me. I like to be able to look back over time and see how life has changed. Memory is one thing, but seeing it in black and white is different. It gives a little perspective, a little depth. For example, I can look back to October and see how much life has changed since then. I can see the differences in how I felt then and how I feel now about a lot of things. I can visually see how we've all grown. Memories fade with time, but writings don't. I've come across other people's blogs and they've given me ideas - all kinds of ideas really, from hair styles to dealing with grief, and home cooking to Family Home Evening ideas. It's fun.
But why here? Well, it's easier. I'm already on my computer a good bit, so it's easy to flip open a new page and start typing. I've tried writing in a journal, but it's slow, and I'm a perfectionist and hate the scribbling I do. I'm also much faster at typing than I am at writing. I can go back and edit here, interjecting thoughts that I'd forgotten, making sure I have things in the right order. That's important. I plan to turn my blog into a book someday (it's easy to do....technology is wonderful!), so my writing will be around for my kids and their kids and so forth. That should be interesting.
Maybe one day my writing will help someone. Maybe it will show them that they can get through a rough time, a time when they feel alone. Maybe it will help someone to know there's someone out there that understands all the things that I've been through or experienced in my life. Or heck, maybe it will just prove that I AM nuts.....in any case, I love my writing. I almost stopped it once, but I'm glad I didn't. I'm thankful that I have it to look back on; it's part of my life, and I'm glad I have it to hold on it.
No comments:
Post a Comment