Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Sleep....where are you?
I am a lunatic. Yes, I already knew that, but I've even more of a lunatic today. Why, you ask? Because I've had no sleep in three days. I could blame it on the kids if I wanted to....Jonathan and Annah were both in bed with me last night (as tends to happen when Austin strays from home; this week he's at the air base near Catoosa, GA). But that's not really the reason. I just can't sleep. I can't make turn my mind off; it races with the huge stresses of my life and the things that I haven't gotten done, and when I do fall into a light sleep, I wake within just a few minutes. I've seen every hour of the night since Sunday, and it's beginning to get old. Today my head is pounding, and the large McDonald's caffeine-laced Coke didn't do a thing to stop it. I considered calling in sick, but with only 10 hours of sick leave left after tending to all my sick children, it really wasn't a good option. So...I plan for the weekend. Austin has promised that he'll take care of the kids Saturday night when he gets in (although it looks like it will be late-night when he does), so maybe I'll at least have a bed to myself. But who knows if that will help. Maybe a couple of Tylenol PM's will though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Distance is not for the fearful, but for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough."
No comments:
Post a Comment