Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mr. Sixth Grade/Pre-K pen-pals



Today was the sixth grade Honor's Day program at Matthew's school. Surprisingly, he got an invitation, which meant that he was receiving an award. Matthew hasn't had the best year, but he still managed to pull off Merit List (meaning an 85 or above average) for the first semester. I was very impressed with Matthew for chosing to wear a suit and tie; he was only one of a few that dressed the part of an Honor's day attendee.


Matthew is also in the band at Oak Hill Middle School; he plays the trumpet. The band performed briefly, and I managed to snap a few pictures.








As soon as Matthew was given his award, I slipped out the side door and made a mad dash to Central City Park, where Jonathan was on a field trip with his Pre-K class. I was supposed to meet them there at 9:30, but Matthew's program didn't start until then, so I was a bit late. Jonathan was thrilled to finally see me though, so it didn't matter that I wasn't there on time.



Jonathan's class has been emailing their pen-pals at Learning Safari Pre-K all year, so this was a chance to meet them and have some playtime in real life!







And I couldn't help but to snap the picture when Mrs. Johnson came down the slide for the second time.....I'm sure she knew where the picture would end up!

So even though it was a rushed day, it was still lots of fun. Here comes the end of the school year!

No comments:

"Distance is not for the fearful, but for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough."