
Today was Family Fun Day at Jonathan's school. Kind of like Field Day at the elementary schools, but with all the families invited to attend. The catch? It was during normal school hours, which also means during work. Luckily, the Early Learning Center is one of the schools where I do safety presentations and the like, so I headed over there on the job. Lots of people (epsecially the kids!) know me and love having "Deputy Lewis" around anyway. There are definate perks to my job, as I can usually hit all the major events at my kids schools and still be "at work," since their schools are my schools too!
Jonathan had a blast. It was nice to have some time with just him (although we had plenty of alone time at the hospital last week), and to spend some relaxing time with the rest of the kids and teachers. There were parachute games, sack races, bouncy houses, face painting, and huge slides, and the kids loved each and every thing there! Oh...I forgot about the musical chairs, which was a hoot with 20 four and five year olds!
Jonathan got his face painted by Mrs. Hollis, who did a fantastic job of improvising a Ninja Turtle. Then he went and chatted a bit with some of the GMC high school sophmores that were helping out at the Fun Day, after telling me he wanted to "go talk to those ladies for a minute." (I call it chatting, but he was definitely flirting! He was initially leaned up against the slide in a cute sort of way, but moved when Mrs. Johnson broke out the camera.) You can see the amusement on the face of the young lady as Jonathan walked away!




Jonathan wanted to take a few pictures on his own...
Mrs. Johnson: (who I'm sure will hate this picture because she didn't want J to take it!)

Mrs. Tucker and Mrs. Kimbrough:

A cone: (not sure why this was important, but J was set on taking it!) (Austin just informed me why it was important! It's GREEN!!! J's favorite color!)

I finally got my phone back and took a few myself.
Jonathan and best friend Matt:

Jonathan's Ninja Turtle face:

Musical chairs with 20 four and five year olds:

The big slide:


Cute girls Jonathan was flirting with who were manning the slide:

Jonathan and friend Cinayah (I know I'm spelling this wrong!) I asked her mom if I could put it on my blog, but forgot to ask how to spell her name!:

It really was a fun day. Afterwards, I took Jonathan to Applebees for lunch - kind of a tradition between me and Matthew on short days of school, and now one that extends to Jonathan too. I cashed in on some comp time for the rest of the day, picked Annah up, and headed home. (Matthew was already home due to an ear infection.)
I have to say that Family Fun Day at the ELC was quite a bit of fun!

No comments:
Post a Comment