I'm leaving. Tomorrow. I am so ready to get out of town and to a place where nobody knows me and I don't have to avoid looking people in the eye when they speak. Where am I going? San Antonio, Texas. I'm going to see my sweetie.
We so need some time alone. We haven't had any time together since Andrew's death, and we really need it. Austin was able to fly home for Andrew's funeral, but he had to go back less than 24 hours later; his time at home was consumed by spending time with the kids, who were hounding him for attention, and the funeral. No real time for us, and boy did we want and need it. So for the next five days, it's just us. Of course, Austin will still have class during the day on Friday and Monday, but we'll have the evenings and all weekend. We'll also have Tuesday, since it's Veteran's day and he doesn't have class. I'll fly home late Tuesday.
MaLew will be at home with the kids, and my mom is coming to help out some too. Both of these women have been such wonders in all of this; I couldn't have made it without them. Between both grandmas and school, the kids will be well occupied. I'm even getting a pet-sitter out of the deal, so I don't have to board Bella, April, and Max at the vet!
As much as I'm running away, it's also an adventure for me. I've never even flown, much less been to a big city like San Antonio. I have a lot of anxiety over making the trip; I'm hugely looking forward to it, but I'm nervous as heck. I've never done anything ilke this, so it's going to be an experience.
Anyway, as I've been telling Austin, I'm ready to get the hell out of Dodge....and it's for a variety of reasons. So....running away or being Miss Adventure (both actually), San Antonio, here I come. And into my sweetheart's arms.
1 comment:
I'm so glad you're able to go to TX! I hope you have a nice trip and a safe flight.
Post a Comment