Monday, July 6, 2009

Dixie

Annah has said for months that she's going to be a vet when she grows up, because she wants to "take care of animals." Today, she got the chance to start. This is Dixie, the newest addition to the Lewis household. Dixie came to us straight from Animal Control, where she, along with the 15 other kittens that were being dropped off, would have eventually been put to sleep. I couldn't take all of the kittens, as much as it broke my heart to leave them there, but I could take one. I probably didn't NEED to, but I did. And Annah loves her. She calles her "Princess Dixie", which I think is adorable, but the rest of us just call her Dixie. She's a fiesty little thing...but she's smart, and has already figured out the litter box thing, along with figuring out how to deal with Bella. (And can I just say that Bella is doing great with her? I think eventually they'll be great friends, but it's taking some getting used to on Dixie's part.)

So....if she can survive the tiny kitten stage, where she keeps getting lost in the house, I think she'll be fine. Welcome home Dixie!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

"Distance is not for the fearful, but for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough."