Monday, October 13, 2008

You never know how much time you'll have

"Life is short." I've heard it a thousand times. But never has it been more real to me than this morning. A wonderful friend of mine lost her baby girl last night. I can't imagine how she must be feeling; I hope I never have to.

And it made me realize how much I complain; I complain about my lack of sleep, about the constant craziness that my home is, about how I never have enough time to myself, and how I'm always on the go, doing something for someone. The sad truth about it all? I don't deserve it. There are so many people out there that would love to have what I do, and I take it for granted. And it's ridiculous.

So I'm going to shut up. I'm going to spend every second of my crazy life with my crazy family, doing just what they want to do. There's plenty of time for rest, and plenty of time for quiet....later. Now is all I know for sure that I have with them....and I plan to take full advantage of it.

In the words of Joseph b. Wirthlin, “Come what may, and love it.” I plan to.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Thanks Stacy...I love you!

Heather said...

Yeah, that's how I feel too Stacy. I'm trying to shut out my negative thoughts and focus on my blessings, I have so many.

"Distance is not for the fearful, but for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough."