Friday, October 3, 2008

The countdown begins

My sweetie left this morning for Lackland AFB in Texas; for the next three months, I'm on my own. I'm sad, and feeling overwhelmed at the thought of taking care of three kids by myself. We've been through deployments before, but it was before the two little ones were born, so it was a bit different. However, I've got a lot of help lined up; my mother-in-law (MaLew) plans to come up once a week and help out with things like laundry and pre-making some meals for us for the week ahead. I also have a friend at church who has offered to keep the kids for me while I do grocery shopping, which in and of itself, is a huge help. Another friend has offered to pick Matthew up from his Disc Golf practices and tournaments each week. So while I know that all will be fine, at this tender moment it doesn't feel that way. The weekend ahead seems long, but I have specific plans - nothing at all! I'm going to stay home and catch up on laundry and house cleaning, and go nowhere. I might not even get dressed.

So the countown begins. The calendar is up on the fridge and ready for days to be marked off each night. I'm not normally one to say this, but December just can't come fast enough this year.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Stacey!!! Good luck...you are an awesome strong mom and wife...December will be here soon!! Hang in there sista!

Heather said...

December will be here before you know it. Where PJs all weekend. It will make everything better.

"Distance is not for the fearful, but for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough."